Keep up-to-date & follow this blog with bloglovin.

Follow

Dear Fat Shamers.

After a video of a YouTube comedian picking apart fat people went viral this week. I felt it was nessacary to write this post and share my point of view on the way society views people who carry extra weight.


I am 21 years old, I wear a size 22 in clothes - but this does not define me, this is just a number on my label!

I spent most of my childhood wishing I was thinner. I remember looking in the mirror as a very young child and thinking how much more likeable I would be in my class if I didn't have a little bit more fat on me than everyone else. I'm sure there are children nowadays who feel the same way that I felt back then. This is all because of society's view on fat people. Being fat means you don't deserve to be treated like someone who has an average BMI! We're just not society's idea of the perfect person.

As I have got older and experienced more and become more open minded, I'm finally learning to love myself for who I am & embracing my body. No matter what size you are, being body positive and learning to love your body and self is so massively important in the quest to find happiness and self love and appreciation. A massive reason for the way I have changed my outlook on myself is the positivity that comes from the plus size community based on blogs, youtube, Instagram etc..I've realised that I am not the problem, my body isn't the problem and that it is certain people's attitudes and closed minds that is. If I could go back to the unconfident teen I was and tell myself this, maybe things would have been a lot different and I would have learnt to love myself a lot sooner.

THINGS TO REMEMBER
- no matter what size your clothes are, you don't deserve to feel any less worthwhile than someone smaller than you.
- you have the potential to find happiness in who you are right NOW.
- your body is no one else's concern but your own. Own who you are!
- last thing, you can't argue with stupid.

I hope some people will find this post inspiring and maybe helpful. Don't let anyone let you feel like less than you are. You are amazing & beautiful just the way you are!

Thank you for reading!
Hayley!x

2 comments

  1. Amazing post. I'm of the belief that you can be any shape or size and should still feel confident and beautiful and that you never have to change for anyone only yourself if you choose to!

    http://www.abigailalicex.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much & that is so true! :) I totally agree <3

    ReplyDelete